Islamic Jihadists Storm French Church During Morning Mass and Cut the Throat of 84 Year Old Priest
July 26, 2016
Islamist knifemen forced priest to kneel and filmed his death as they slit his throat; President Hollande says 'France is at war with ISIS'.
- Priest had throat cut while another hostage is fighting for life after knifemen burst into Normandy church at 9 am.
- Reports that one of the attackers shouted 'Allahu Akbar' as they launched assault at Gambetta Church near Rouen.
- Vatican has condemned the 'barbaric' killing of the 84-year-old priest and an anti-terror investigation is underway.
- ISIS claim responsibility for the atrocity while Francois Hollande says France is 'at war' with the terror group.
- The attackers lived locally and one had electronic tag having been jailed in France for trying to travel to Syria.
- French authorities revealed this afternoon that they have arrested a third man in connection with the attack.
- Nicolas Sarkozy calls for 'merciless' response as ex-PM said 'everything is being done to trigger a war of religions'.
Two ISIS knifemen who stormed a church in Normandy forced an elderly priest to kneel before filming themselves butchering him and performing a 'sermon in Arabic' at the altar, a terrified witness has revealed.
The attackers, claimed as 'soldiers' by ISIS, were both known to French police before they cut the throat of 84-year-old priest Jacques Hamel at the church in Saint-Etienne-du-Rouvray near Rouen.
Both were shot dead by police marksmen as they emerged from the building shouting 'Allahu Akbar' following the attack that also left a nun critically injured.
French President Francois Hollande, who visited the scene today, said the country is now 'at war' with ISIS after the terror group claimed responsibility for the attack.
- Blue Monster Prep