How to Train and Equip School Resource Officers to be a School’s First Line of Defense
August 30, 2018
We must provide SROs with the best specialized tactical training and equipment possible to effectively respond to Active Shooter/Active Violence incidents.
SRO training has long held that a public school is a microcosm of the community and will reflect all the aspects of the community. (Photo/City of Champaign)
By Lt. Mike Walker
COPS ON CAMPUS
THE SRO DIFFERENCE
- Law enforcer.
SRO TRAINING NEEDS
1. PHYSICAL SECURITY
2. SHOOT, MOVE AND COMMUNICATE
SRO EQUIPMENT NEEDS
1. PROVIDE THE NECESSARY EQUIPMENT
2. PROVIDE A READILY ACCESSIBLE DEPLOYMENT SPACE AT THEIR SCHOOL
- Go home alive at the end of your shift;
- You can’t help anyone until you first safely arrive at the scene.
- Blue Monster Prep